Misterton PC Minutes 19.10.2021

 Minutes of the meeting of Misterton Parish Council 

Tuesday, 19th October at 6.30pm, Misterton WI Hall


Cllr Iain Rowland (Chair)                 Cllr Abbie Rousell                             Cllr Geoff Restorick

Cllr Andrew Callow                          Cllr Paul Gillard                                 Cllr Viv Rowe

Cllr Brian McNeill

In attendance

Louise Stobbs (Clerk), Two members of the public.


Public Open Forum

Members of the public in attendance at the meeting raised the following issues;

  • Speeding in the 20MPH zone
  • Signs laying on the grass on the triangle at Knowle Lane.
  • Issues regarding the District Council


21/079.                 Apologies for absence

Apologies for absence were received and accepted from Cllr Graham White and Cllr Leo Bacigalupo (Both Personal)


21/080.                 Code of Conduct and Declarations of Interests



21/081.                 Minutes of the meeting of 21st September

The minutes of the meetings held on 21st September were resolved as a true and accurate record.

Proposed: Cllr I Rowland                              Seconded: Cllr P Gillard                RESOLVED


21/082.                 Matters Arising from Minutes

None raised.


21/083.                 Reports

  1. Report from County Councillor & District Councillor


  1. Report from Chairman of the Parish Council & Recreation Field Trust



21/084. Planning including applications currently in circulation/determinations

  1. DETERMINATIONS: Appeal with regards to refused planning Ref 20/01086/OUT, dated 26 March 2020. Appeal Ref: APP/R3325/W/21/3271661 – Site to the South of Crewkerne Station, Misterton, Crewkerne TA18 8AU – has been dismissed
  2. Update on the cemetery planning – Application of change of use has to be submitted to be approved before consecration can take place of gifted land.


21/085.                 Highways & Footpaths

  1. To consider future works for the Parish Ranger

Members requested that the top of Mill Lane be strimmed and the overgrown vegetation by the noticeboards

  1. To consider to empty gullies around the village

MERT had started to check some of the gullies and sending reports of blocked ones also Cllr Rowland reported one blocked near Little Plot on Silver street and Cllr Callow reported the two drains next to the old phone box and the one opposite and just down.


       Actions:  Clerk to write to Highways on behalf of Parish Councillors.

  1. Letters to residents regarding overgrown Vegetation

Action: Clerk to write to residents on behalf of the Parish Council

  1. Dangerous wall noted in village

Action: Cllr Rousell to provide address and Clerk to write to residents on behalf of the Parish Council

  1. Street Lights out on Turnpike Green and The Avenue

Action: Cllr Rowe to provide Clerk with more information and Clerk to follow up potential these are owned by Abri

  1. To check grit bins before winter

Cllr Rowland confirmed the ones he checked were full


21/086.                 Amenities

  1. To receive the cemetery inspection report

From cemetery inspections it has been alerted that a load test is required on each headstone, every 5 years, standard check policy to be obtained.  Plot enquiry for the extension, application for change of use has been submitted the consecration costs agreed at the previous meeting to take place when application approved.

Action: Clerk to obtain standard check policy for cemetery headstones.

  1. To receive an update on the gateposts project

Bids in place from contractors and no planning needed.  Traffic lights needed for works to go ahead.  Yew tree to receive a big haircut for access and visibility.  Project still in WIP but noted that the construction sector was extremely busy at present.

Action: Clerk to follow up on bids for gateposts project and report to council for approval.

  1. To consider correspondence regarding participation in the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee Beacons project 2022

Action: Clerk to find a suitable time for Cllr Callow and Cllr White to meet with the landowner representative.

  1. Missing Dog Bin on station road (Broughtons Drive)

Action: Clerk to make contact with supplier to get a price and as long as it is around the £150 price mark to go ahead and organise.


21/087.                 MERT working group

Cllr Rowland has suggested that a wallet card with the emergency numbers and costs approx £20 for 500.

Action: Cllr Rowland to confirm costings


21/088.                 Finance and Procedure

  1. To agree invoices for payment


Voucher Payee Details   VAT    Total Payment
incl VAT 
334 Tesco Mobile Parish mobile  £                      –  £       17.99
335 Cox & Co Payroll services  £                   3.50  £       21.00
336 Staff Salary (pre-payrise)  £                      –  £     581.10
337 KM Dike Cemetery grass cut  £                 44.20  £     265.20
338 Fern Garden Tree SVS Cemetry Tree Works  £     912.00
339 SSDC Ranger Service  £                      –  £     492.84
340 P. Clitton rechargeable lanterns (MERT)  £       41.73
VAT to reclaim  £                 47.70
 TOTAL  £    2,331.86

Due to cross over on clerk posts, August finances presented for approval.  Standard monthly direct debits processed and full finance report to be updated and reported at next meeting.

Action: Clerk to update finance reports.

  1. Money from Misterton Fete Committee

Once money received it is to be used for grants and advertised in the Magazine.

  1. Village Action Group

Once money received it is to be used for grants and advertised in the Magazine.

Cllr Rowe reported the village action group raised £446 from village sale and donated £200 to the pre school.  Remaining balance to go to good village causes to enhance and improve the village.  Councillors thanked the village action group for the donation and will give thought to where the donation will be allocated.  Next village sale 27/11/21 at village hall & all tables are sold.

Action:  Clerk to make contact with village action group to give our thanks and discuss donation.

Proposed:  WIP                                                 Seconded: WIP                 IN WORKING PROGRESS


21/089.                 Items for the next meeting

Any other items to be advised to the Clerk seven days in advance of the meeting.


21/090.                 Date and time of next meeting

Tuesday 16th November, 6.30pm – Misterton WI Hall.