Misterton PC Minutes 15.12.2020
Minutes of the Parish Council meeting held on 15th December 2020
Remotely, via Zoom
Cllr Iain Rowland (Chair) Cllr Viv Rowe Cllr Abbie Rousell
Cllr Leo Bacigalupo Cllr Graham White Cllr Paul Gillard
Cllr Andrew Callow Cllr Geoff Restorick
Mrs K Sheehan (Clerk), County and District Councillor Mike Best.
20/093. Public Open Session
No members of the public present.
20/094. Apologies for absence
Apologies for absence were received and accepted from Cllr McNeill (away).
20/095. Code of Conduct and Declarations of Interests
Cllr White declared an interest in the planning application relating to Sunnyside, Silver Street; being the applicant (and did not participate or vote on this item). Cllr Rowland declared a personal interest in the same item by virtue of being a close neighbour but was able to participate.
20/096. Minutes of the meetings held on 17th November, 1st December and to amend the minutes of 2nd June 2020
The minutes of the meetings held on 17th November and 1st December were approved as a true and accurate record of the meetings, to be signed at the first face to face meeting.
The minutes of the meeting held on 2nd June were amended to reflect that Cllr Restorick was in attendance.
Proposed: Cllr Rowland Seconded: Cllr Callow RESOLVED
20/097. Matters Arising from Minutes
- Report from County Councillor & District Councillor
Cllr Best reported that:
- Pavement resurfacing was scheduled for January, with the bridge repairs now delayed until February. Cllr Best agreed to liaise with officers to ensure closures/diversions were kept to a minimum;
- The Covid-19 vaccination programme would shortly start, being administered from the Henhayes Centre. As a result, the Henhayes car park and some other public spaces would be closed off;
- Crewkerne Town Council had recently agreed to again pursue the campaign to downgrade the A356 which would have implications for Misterton. Cllr Best would keep the PC updated;
- Free Christmas parking would start from Thursday.
- Report from Chairman of the Parish Council & Recreation Field Trust
Cllr Rowland reported that:
- The school consultation had now closed and some feedback should be expected in January;
- The Emergency Team were planning a local mail drop to riparian owners with information about clearance and legal responsibilities;
- Thanks were recorded to Jackie Hewitt for her service on the Emergency Team over a number of years, now stepping down. New volunteers would always be welcome to join the team.
20/099. Planning including applications currently in circulation/determinations
- 20/03044/HOU – Sunnyside, Silver Street
(Cllr White not participating). No objections raised.
- Determinations – 19/02416/FUL Land adjacent to Knowle Lane – dismissed at appeal.
- To receive an update on progress with the Neighbourhood Plan
Cllr Bacigalupo reported that he had continued to research Neighbourhood Plans and outlined a number of reasons not to proceed with one. Members were generally in agreement but a formal decision would need to be taken in January and a letter written to Crewkerne Town Council to advise them accordingly.
20/100. Highways & Footpaths
- To consider future works for the Parish Ranger
To sweep up leaves where accumulated to prevent washing into drains.
- To receive the cemetery inspection report
Members noted the latest inspection report. The Clerk confirmed that having spoken to the contractors, the paths had been sprayed and the team would brush off the moss on their next scheduled visit.
- To approve the draft digital plans for the Cemetery extension
Approved without change. Numbering to be applied consecutively from the existing cemetery numbering system.
20/102. Finance and Procedure
- To agree invoices for payment and to note regular payments
|Voucher||Payee||Details||VAT|| Total Payment
|274||Cox & Co||Payroll services||£ 3.50||£ 21.00|
|276||Staff||Salary||£ –||£ 581.10|
|277||K Sheehan||Expenses/mileage etc||£ –||£ 74.98|
|278||K M Dike||Ad hoc clearance/scheduled cut||£ 118.20||£ 709.20|
|279||SSDC||New dog poo bin||£ 43.00||£ 258.00|
|Total VAT to reclaim||£ 164.70|
Proposed: Cllr Rowland Seconded: Cllr Rousell RESOLVED for payment
Receipts, bank reconciliation and list of reserves held all deferred as bank statements had not been received.
- To consider budget requirements for 2021/22 financial year and set the precept
A draft budget document had been circulated. Members noted that the decrease in the parish tax base would impact the precept; even by not increasing the total amount precepted, the net effect would still be a small rise. Some discussion took place about the rate of inflation and members agreed to finalise the budget in January.
- To agree meeting dates for 2021
Meeting dates were agreed as follows for 2021:
Tuesday 19th January
Tuesday 16th February
Tuesday 16th March
Tuesday 20th April
Tuesday 18th May
Tuesday 15th June
Tuesday 20th July
No meeting in August
Tuesday 21st September
Tuesday 19th October
Tuesday 16th November
Tuesday 14th December
- To review the Risk and Asset registers for 2020/21
Members noted the addition of the new defibrillator to the asset register. Members noted that the station defibrillator was a PC asset, but not the WI defibrillator.
- To appoint an internal auditor for the 2020/21 financial year
Mrs M Harding was appointed as the Council’s internal auditor for the current financial year.
20/103. Items for the next meeting
To be advised to the Clerk seven days in advance of the meeting.
20/104. Date and location of next meeting
The next meeting was confirmed for Tuesday 19th January 2021, 6.30pm, via Zoom.
20/105. Confidential item – quotes obtained for the cemetery access project
After discussion of preliminary prices obtained by the Clerk, members agreed to review the access proposals with a view to a less extensive scheme not requiring planning permission or highways involvement. Clerk to action in conjunction with Cllrs White and Callow.